Monday, March 25, 2002, 8:45:40 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>     Forgive  my  ignorance,  but  I  keep  seeing  messages referring to
> 'known' folders - could anyone tell me what this means and what value it
> would have please?
---

The "Inbox - Known" folder is a new feature of TB! 1.60 (OK, it
probably appears in earlier betas, but I'm only considering non-beta
releases). This folder is the target of a special filter that compares
the sender address of each incoming message and, if the sender has an
entry in your address book, places the message in "Inbox - Known"
instead of "Inbox".

FWIW, I didn't get around to figuring out exactly how it works (for
example, whether it would filter on all of my dozen or so address
books) before I removed the folder.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane