Thursday, April 4, 2002, 1:38:53 PM, Allie C Martin wrote:

> Only when using selective download filters. I don't know why that
> feature is only provided for the selective download filtering.

That seems to be perfectly acceptable for known spam domains that use
changing user IDs and subdomains to get by an address book filter.

Since this capability is not present on regular incoming filters, does
any know what the upper limit on signal strings or alternate sets is?

> Note that this filter acts at the server level and will therefore
> only search the messages headers which are initially downloaded and
> inspected. If using selective download filters, your downloading
> will be slowed by the initial downloading of only the message
> headers.

Makes sense.  I assume this "pre-download" of headers is triggered by
the presence of at least one Selective Download rule in the account?

These filters get more impressive with each passing day :-)

--
Regards,

Clif