Hello Gerrit,

On Friday, April 12, 2002 at 12:08:35 AM you wrote (at least in part):

GK> But: I possess the same type of certificate as you have, meaning
GK> that I am also a validated member of Thawte freemail program. I
GK> have my certificate installed on my PC, and it is valid.

Now it depends what you call 'have my certificate installed on my PC'
and where you've 'installed' the Root certificate.
If this is only in your Internet Explorer certification area you'd
have to use Microsoft CryptoAPI instead of The Bat! internal
implementation of S/MIME to verify the signature.
Otherwise you'll have to import the Root cert into TB! address book
too to be able using the internal implementation and verifying
methods.
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Automobile, n.:  A four-wheeled vehicle that runs up hills and down
pedestrians.