SS>      I've  mentioned this before, but no one's come up with any
SS>      suggestions, so I'll try again because this is really extremely
SS>      annoying and seems to be getting worse.

SS>      I frequently receive mail through various mailing lists that has,
SS>      usually in the middle, a lot of weird characters. This makes the
SS>      mail at best difficult to read. An example, complete with
SS>      headers, is below.

if I was you I would contact someone who sent you a "broken" mail and
ask him to send it to you again, in the same way if possible. If the
problem repeats, there's something special with the text in the email.
If it doesn't, then it's probably a transmission problem, or a bug in
the server software of your mail provider.

--
Ricardo M. Reyes
(Mar del Plata - Argentina)