Julius,

I know how you feel about the mailing list. I too kinda felt that way
when I first signed up, but I don't think it's as bad as you may
think.

The Bat! is EXTREMELY powerful and allows for a LOT of tweaks and
edits to customize almost every nuance to your personal preferences. I
joined this list because I was thinking it would help me learn about
the product faster, but if anything I found that most of the posts
here are WAY over my head. :)

Most of the threads here are not the typical fare that the average
user would address. The average user isn't going to know, much less
care, about the merit so PGP vs. sMime. So, take most of the posts
with a grain of salt, because many posts here are dealing with beta,
or just released versions and features that most users are not going
to use.

Personally, I've found TB to be extremely reliable and it does
everything I need. Additionally, as I poke around the program I
continually find more and more features that just blow my socks off.
For example, I just figured out how to use "Quick Templates" and like
a kid in a candy store! :P

So, although you may see a lot of "issues" addressed here, don't take
them to heart. You're looking at posts that have a high "geek"
quotient and are far above the average e-mail fare. In my book, there
is no more secure and reliable e-mail client out there.

Michael T. Ashby
Consultant
The Ashby Group
http://www.ashbygroup.net