Hello Michael. Sorry for your problems however I think your
conclusion is not accurate.

At 11:02 PM on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 you wrote the
following about [The bat is a virus.  goodbye]:

Michael> Ever since 1.60h, after every power-cycle, all
Michael> registry entries for The Bat are gone. All mail is
Michael> gone, all folders are gone. I deleted everything
Michael> and went back to 1.60c, and the same thing occurs.
Michael> Therefore, I am, deleting the bat, never to return.
Michael> The bat is a virus.

  Based on your conclusion, there are hundreds, if not
  thousands, of us who have this virus. Nothing much
  happening on my system [for one] so the logical conclusion
  may be that there is a problem on your particular system.

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA