At Thursday, May 2, 2002, 11:58:07 PM, Dierk wrote:
> Hello TBUDL Members!

>   With all that talk about MS CryptoAPI ... is it originally part of
>   any Windows32? Is it an additional software package? Does it come
>   with TB!? Do I have to install anything ales but what I already have
>   (no Outlook/Express)?

MSDN is somewhat contradictory (surprise!)  In one place, it says -

"MISF technologies are built on CryptoAPI, a Win32 API available today worldwide in
Internet Explorer, Windows 95, and Windows NT. "

ANd elsewhere it requires IE4.01 minimum.
"Run-time Requirements
The basic tools require at least Microsoft® Internet Explorer version
4.01 and will work on anything newer such as Internet Explorer 4.01
with SP1 or SP2, Microsoft® Windows NT® version 4.0 with SP4,
Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Microsoft® Windows® XP."

And

CryptoAPI 2.0 requires NT/2k/XP

"Applications that use the CryptoAPI functions require Windows NT, Windows 2000, or
Windows XP."

I'd expect that you would need IE4.01, but I'm prepared to be wrong on
this...

--
 Mike                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v1.60i on Windows 2000