Hi Jonathan,

  I don't understand. How could I possibly filter all of the good mail?
I run a business and am contacted by new people all the time.

Thanks,
James

Jonathan> On Monday, May 13, 2002, Marck D Pearlstone wrote...

>> The simplest and most effective spam filter is the "Sherlock" (process
>> of elimination) method as originally suggested by Steve Lamb and
>> explained by Allie Martin:

Jonathan> Process of elimination works very well... until you start getting spam
Jonathan> in  mailing lists ;) I do fully agree with the idea though. Filter all
Jonathan> the   good   mail   into  your  mail  folder  (like  friends,  family,
Jonathan> colleagues), then filter lists, mail shots you requested etc, then the
Jonathan> rest  should simply be spam. But as I said, this is all okay in theory
Jonathan> until you start getting spam in your list boxes. I have to put my spam
Jonathan> filters  above all but this mailing list. I match on key subjects, and
Jonathan> phrases.