Hello Greg,

On Sat, 18 May 2002 18:17:27 -0500GMT (19-5-02, 1:17 +0200GMT, where I
live), you wrote:

GS> Putting that all aside though am I correct on the "Read" filter in
GS> that it only works automatically at the time the message is indicated
GS> as read?

Yep.

GS> If I'm correct on "Read" filters why does the "Manual"
GS> option even exist for the filter rule?

Sometimes it comes in handy when you're able to do some filtering that
you only want to happen when you're watching or after you've done some
checking or whatever. Then you'll go for re-filtering the folder,
there you can choose from different sets (in, out, read, replied) your
manual filters get run, it's even possible to run only manual filters.

So actually it's nice to have manual filters. Especially the 'manual
only' option gives you the possibility to run only one filter without
deactivating all the others.

--
Groetjes, Roelof