On Monday, May 20, 2002, Julian Beach (Lists) wrote to TBUDL:

> This  is  testing  my  knowledge of Regex to the limits, but I think
> that  Regex works on a line by line basis. Your filter will look for
> the phrase 'Received:' in one line (a line being a string terminated
> by a line break), which won't match as you want it to.

In general, one RegEx can capture more than one line at a time, but
after having tried several ideas I believe you're right that TB!'s
RegEx  will only look at one line at a time.  It would be nice
to be able to toggle it to handle multiple lines, but for all I know
that would create some kind of programming nightmare for the
developers, so I can't really complain.

> I am not sure what the solution is. If the mail is being sent direct
> to GMX, then you could try to search for messages that have a
> received line which does not include GMX.

This approach should work out.  GMX actually adds two Received
headers, and 'GMX' is in only one of them, but I think I can find
something that will distinguish other Received headers from them.

--
Mike

v1.60k (unregistered, for now)
Windows 98