Hello Robert,

On Mon, 20 May 2002 06:52:22 -0400 GMT (20/05/02, 17:52 +0700 GMT),
Robert  D. wrote:

RD> Recently, Thomas F squawked:

For some reason (namely you using "-----" to start your line, which
PGP converts into "- -----" which my TB sees as a PGP-warped sign
delimiter), the above line is all I get when I hit reply. I have to
manually c&p the quotes. Please do not start your messages with
"----" or don't use PGP. Thanks. ;-)

RD> I continue to try and isolate the problem by changing different
RD> settings in TB. In my latest *change*, I was able to D/L by
RD> making the filter for selective download, manual only -- then all the
RD> email came down the pipe ---

I don't recommend using Selective Download on a bad connection. If you
have at least one such rule, TB will download *all* headers first,
compare them wiht the rule, and, if satisfied, will start downloading
mails. On a bad connection this might cost you the time you could have
used for downloading the first mail.

Another trick, which I actually use over here, is to set TB so that it
will "leave messages on server for 2 days". I don't care about the
messages being on the server, but when I have 13 new messages and the
connection breaks during transmission of message #3, TB will *not*
download the completely received messages #1 and #2 again.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.60k
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM