I am experiencing much the same type of problem. It shows up whether I
sort by creation date or subject. I prefer to read messages in a
separate window and noticed that if I wanted to delete the message I
was reading and move to the next one, it would delete the message and
then open one dated a month ago rather than the next one (when sorted by
creation date).

What I am doing now is reading using the auto preview pane, deleting
the message with the delete key, and then reading the next message
rather than using the nav icons or keyboard keys. This is only my
second day using TB and I've already registered it because I like what
I see, but I'm hoping annoyances like this can be ironed out. Is there
a special place to submit bug reports?

Also using TB ver 1.60h.

Chris