Hello Rick,

Tuesday, May 21, 2002, 4:42:43 PM, you wrote:

RR> I'm about to reformat an old Powermac 6500 at home and hopefully at
RR> some point put Linux on it. I want to use a mail client on there, but
RR> have grown so used to The Bat (which it appears isn't available for
RR> either OS).

RR> Any recommendations what mail client to use? This won't be my primary
RR> machine so I doubt I'll actually buy software for it, but still
RR> interested in even non-free e-mail clients for the mac and linux.

RR> Sorry to post this message here, but since Bat users will be able to
RR> relate better than anyone on best mail clients so I trust your
RR> opinions than posting on some Mac or Linux site.

RR> Thanks

I had a similar question recently to the experts. Check in the
archives or in your mail list folder for this subject:

"Exporting messages from BAT and Linux alternative?"

I have received many good tips. However, nothing beats The Bat!. I
tried kmail and sylspheed (or whatever it is called). I wasn't
impressed with them very much. I think I will wait until KDE 5.0 and
Gentoo 3.0 before seriously thinking to trash the Redmond software.

____________________________
       Csaba Kiss
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MTC Karolinska Institute