Hello Chris,

On Wed, 22 May 2002 13:18:49 -0500 GMT (23/05/02, 01:18 +0700 GMT),
Chris Montgomery wrote:

Allie has already replied to your Navigation issues, but I would like
to comment on your last point.

CM>   Another thing that would be nice is if when opening a message in a
CM>   separate viewing window that window could then inherit the same
CM>   display/sorting/threading views as the message list window. Any
CM>   thoughts on that?

I would not like it. The reason is, I have no threading in the message
list and sort by received, descending. The newest message is at the
bottom. I read message here (with the preview pane) when there are
only 2 or 3 new messages.

If I have a lot of new messages, I hit <enter> on the first one and am
in threaded view. This morning, there were 53 new messages in the
TBUDL folder alone, so this makes sense for me. Should the folder view
inherit the settings of the message list, I would have to set to
threading mode each time I go to folder view. That would be most
annoying.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered
as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to
us." --Western Union internal memo, 1876.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.60k
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM