Hello Terry,

On Wed, 22 May 2002 20:44:09 -0400 GMT (23/05/02, 07:44 +0700 GMT),
Terry Barnes wrote:

TB> I would guess approximately 120 messages just vanished. Backup and
TB> restore of The Bat just doesn't seem to work with her mailboxes.
TB> Have tested with other accounts and it works fine with them. But
TB> restore of a perfectly successful backup to her mailbox just does
TB> not work. This is the third time all recent messages have
TB> vanished. Any ideas?

Yes, and I am not trying to shift the blame but am talking from my own
exprience: Have you done a ScanDisk with physical surface test
recently? Do it again.

That (a faulty HD) was the culprit when I had such problems and it led
me to buy a new HD really fast. Luckily, I did this in time and could
save most of my data, albeit with rapidly decreasing performance (at
the end I had access times of seconds instead of milliseconds).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Regular naps prevent old age..... especially if you take them while
driving.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.60k
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM