On 15 June 2002, 13:25, David Elliott wrote:

> The position of the mail ticker is saved on exit of The Bat! into the
> registry. There are are only two reasons that I can think of (I may be
> wrong)

> (1) The Bat! is not exiting properly

> (2) You don't have write permission for the registry.
~~~

Hi David, and thanks.

To ensure that TB is exiting properly, I chose Exit from the Message
menu, then restarted TB. The Mail Ticker returned to the centre of the
screen.

I logged off as myself and logged on as Administrator, then
repositioned the MT -- the settings stuck. When I logged back on as
myself, the MT was at the position I left it while logged on as
Administrator. However, I'm now able to reposition the MT as any user
and the setting only affects the current user.

Strange ...

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

UK and USA - two countries divided by a common language