Hello Dave Gorman,

Thursday, June 20, 2002 1:00 PM

DG> Thursday, June 20, 2002, 11:12:02 AM, vj135doppa wrote:

>> Yes it is successfully performing the initial ck on startup.

DG> So we know that TB is successfully talking to your "server"

>> yes. i am using zonealarm pro 3

DG> That's probably what your problem is. I've been using the free
DG> version of ZA in conjunction with TB (on Win2K and WinXP) without
DG> ever having any problems at all. However, I apparently am in the
DG> minority. Many people have reported problems with TB that were
DG> eliminated by the complete removal of ZoneAlarm (apparently it's
DG> a pain to remove and you have to get instructions from
DG> ZoneAlarm's site).

DG> Other software firewalls apparently do not cause problems with
DG> TB -- although I don't know of any others that I myself would
DG> use...

 I have done the following:

 1)UN-INSTALLED Zonealarm pro 3
 2)UN-INSTALLED Norton Anti-virus
 3)UN-INSTALLED yahoo pops

 Did CTRL + DELETE = confirmed that no other application is
 running.Now i start web2pop it still says another application is
 using port 110.Although it says that there is an icon of web2pop in
 the system tray so i right click it and change the port # to port
 8110 as mentioned in their website FAQ.Now it say another app is
 using port 8110.

 There is nothing else running but it says port so and so is still
 being used by another application.

 any ideas?

regards,
vj135doppa