Hi Marck,

MDP> They released an update on a Friday night with a bad ID in the
MDP> database and switched the phones off for the weekend. My disgust
MDP> knows no bounds.

Hear, hear! That type of behavior seems typical of the major
publishers. I can't for the life of me imagine why otherwise sensible
IT people continue to think so highly of products like Outlook and NAV
when they cause so many problems that could so easily be avoided.
There would have been an uprising in any other industry if the major
suppliers treated its customers with such contempt. If it wasn't for
MS' criminal neglect, I wouldn't have to cleansweep my inbox from
Outlook-propagated worms everyday and that's just one of many gripes.

To get back on topic, what do we know of The Bat's security? Assuming
a new installation with default settings, is there any way at all that
an incoming message could have its attachment executed, or trigger a
macro? Could The Bat's functionality be abused by a third party
program to spread worms (that is: is the Outbox etc protected from
outside meddling)? I'm not worrying, but if there's any vulnerability,
it would be good to be aware of it.

Best,

-Daan-