Hello Carren,

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:11:16 +1200 GMT (28/06/02, 05:11 +0700 GMT),
Carren Stuart wrote:

CS> OK, so now I am confused. I have two password protected accounts and
CS> am using v.1.60q. If these accounts are *closed* (ie.I havent entered
CS> the password) TB! has NEVER checked for mail for them at scheduled
CS> mail checks. Not in any of the versions I have ever used. Are you
CS> saying that this is a new feature?

I am not using password-protected accounts, so all I can give you is
hearsay. In earlier versions of TB, those accounts were apparently
checked even though closed.

CS> I was always under the impression that the red check mark meant
CS> "unread messages" rather than "new messages". In other words if you
CS> have old messages that you haven't read yet, the red check mark will
CS> show up even though there are no "new" messages. Am I wrong about
CS> this?

You are right, because TB still doesn't distinguish between "new" and
"unread". :-(

CS> Finally, when my password protected accounts are "closed" they still
CS> show the number of unread messages AND total messages, so therefore
CS> your theory about one knowing "nothing" about the account other than
CS> it's existence, is incorrect.

Havent' tried it, though. But the theory is that you should *ideally*
not know anything. That's what I wrote. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.60q
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM