After reinstalling The Bat! following a major hard drive disaster, I
discovered that when TB loads, I lose my Windows Task Bar (the bar
along the bottom of the screen that shows what programs are open or
loaded).  If I minimize TB from the main screen then restore it, it
comes back with the bar in place, but if I minimize from an edit
screen, that screen just disappears into a black hole.  I have to then
minimize the main screen and restore it in order to again restore the
edit screen.  (Am I being clear on what happens?)

I've tried reinstalling The Bat! but that didn't help.  No other
programs show this same behavior.  I've used TB through many versions
over several years and never had this problem until now.  Any ideas?