Hello Januk,

Thursday, July 18, 2002, 6:53:15 AM, you wrote:

JA> If you haven't used the filters before, you can get to them through:
JA>  |-> Account
JA>    |-> Sorting Office/Filters

JA> You'll want to set up an incoming filter, so select the incoming
JA> filters and press the New button at the bottom of the left panel
I  don't _have_ "Incoming filters" in that dialog box. I only have two
directories:  Read  and  Replied.  The funnier part is I _do_ remember
having  seen  the  Incoming and Outgoing folders a few days ago when I
was feeling my way around... Is there anyway I can resuscitate them?

JA> You'll get a filter called "New Rule".  Now I'll assume you can use
JA> the help file and the FAQ (see list footers) to figure out the filter
JA> strings and Alternatives tabs.  Feel free to ask more specific
JA> questions on this list as well.
I've set a new rule on the Reading folder, to take from the Inbox, but
it still doesn't apply it.

JA> For the colour groups, you will have to have already set one up.  If
JA> you haven't already done that, then go to:
That was the first thing I did, when I got into TB...;))

JA> Now back to your filter, under the Actions tab, the fourth option down
JA> allows you to set the colour group that you want to assign to your
JA> message.
Done.

JS>> Can anybody explain to me what I'm doing wrong, please?
BTW,  I had set different colors for different quotes, such as in this
case:  your  & mine. And yet they come in the same colors, although it
differentiates the interlocutors with the >> sign. Why?

JA> I hope that helped and didn't just tell you what you already knew.
No,  you  didn't;  more  than that: you've recuperated someone who was
just ready to give up on TB! because of the umpteenth problem! ;)

I hope I told you now... Do you think you can help?

Thanks in advance,

Joyce

 Joyce                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]