Hello Scott Frederick,

On Sunday, August 11 2002 at 02:16 PM PDT, you wrote:

> I Recently reinstalled my applications to a new partition. I must have
> overwritten the build 08 dll with an old one. But why doesn't the
> version change dialogue put whatever I input?

Because when you use the Plugin, the version line has been hard coded and
cannot be changed unless you edit the DLL. If you manually put in a
version line then that new version line will show only when you use
PGPTray directly... and not the Plugin with the version hard coded into
the DLL.

> How is the new dll different? I was going to wait for the final build
> 09.

What's new:-

1) Fixes to the password dialog, which caused an endless
   pop up of the message "The passphrase you entered does
   not match any of the usable listed keys".  This
   problem was severe under Windows XP when using the Bat
   PGP plugin.  It may also cause un-expected results when
   double clicking on the key and the key is not in the
   keyring.  It was a UI problem (a missing break statement).

2) Cosmetic changes to the password dialogs.

3) Fixes to the PGPDisk windows XP driver.  It should now work
   as advertized.  Should you still have problems, please
   advise me. I have not tested with a limted user account,
   and doubt whether it will work, since such user will not
   have the requisite privileges to create and format volumes.
   When switching users, please make sure that you un-mount
   any mounted PGPdisk.  Will be automating this task in the
   next build.  Do let me know how you feel about having
   PGPdisks auto-unmounted when user switching occurs.

4) Other misceleneous fixes.

--
Nick Andriash
Creston, B.C. Canada