Hello Pete,

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:46:37 -0600 GMT (17/08/02, 09:46 +0700 GMT),
Pete Milne wrote:

TF>> No. With the POP protocol, can just download mails (or not). In any
TF>> case, a conversion could take place only after download.

PM> Just a thought, it would save some bandwidth and maybe some
PM> vulnerabilities.

This is getting OT, because we can neither change the POP protocol and
write POP4, nor can we change the RFC's. But I am curious as to how it
would save bandwidth if the whole mail has to be read, converted if
necessary, and only then the converted message downloaded. I would
also be interested to know how the mail client could convert the
message without downloading it to begin with.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

24 Dinge, die man beim Sex nicht sagen sollte: 8. Du bist fast so gut
wie mein Ex!

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM