This is why I started this thread: I use TB to filter my incoming
mail, strip out attachments and html, and then forward it to another
pop3 box that I use for picking up my email on an iPAQ via a mobile
phone (hence the need to strip out the superfluous data). But to do
this requires my desktop to be permanently logged in on my account,
which is bad for all sorts of reasons.

As the Bat has an option to run in 'server' mode, I had thought that
it might run as an NT service, but it seems that it is not to be.

If anyone can suggest an app that will do the above, running as a
service, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Paul