On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, 16:51, Daniel Grunberg wrote:

> If I highlight one word of text moving the cursor from the last letter
> to the first letter, and then key [ctrl]+f, then the Find window comes
> up with the word to be found already in place.

> If I highlight one word of text moving the cursor from the first
> letter to the last letter, and then key [ctrl]+f, then the Find window
> comes up without any word in place.

> I've also found that regardless of the highlight direction, the Find window
> comes up without any word in place.

The find windows grabs the word that the letter to the right of the
cursor belongs to, whether anything is marked or not. When marking a
word from right to left, the letter to the right of the cursor is the
first character of the marked word, when marking from left to right, the
first letter to the right of the cursor is a space (or comma or full
stop or whatever) and the find window comes up empty.

Try placing the cursor inside a word without marking anything and you'll
se that it works like I have described. You will also notice it when you
mark parts of a word or several words.

--
Regards,
Marcus Ohlström

Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3
PGP Public Key at http://www.canit.se/~marcus/pgp.asc