Hello James,

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:51:08 -0500 GMT (04/09/02, 22:51 +0700 GMT),
James Olsen wrote:

JO> For example, let's say I'm tracking projects via email. There is one
JO> thread per project. If I get an email saying a project is done that my
JO> filter catches I want to mark the entire thread with my "done" color
JO> group.

JO> So if a message belongs to a thread, is there a way for the filter to
JO> perform an action on the entire thread (like set color group)?

Yes. Colour based on the message-ID of the message that started the
thread; it will be contained in all messages that beling to the
thread. Each time a new project is "done" and should get the colour,
you'll have to add the MID of the respective original message to the
"done" filter under the alternative tab.

Assign a hotkey. This way, you can hit the key when the "done" info
has come in; any additional message for that thread should be coloured
automatically.

Another idea would be to use the Subject as the filter crierion, if
each project has a specific keyword in the subject.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Sign in a Laundromat: AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL
YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM