On Monday, September 9, 2002, 11:05, Sean Johnston wrote:

>   At the moment I'm doing a backup at the end of the day at work and
>   copying this home. I then restore this at home, and do a similar
>   thing in reverse before heading back into work.

>   The problem I have is sending mail. Due to firewalling I need to use
>   different SMTP servers at work and home. The backup/restore includes this
>   setting so I have to remember to change it each time. Is there some way
>   round this? Is backup/restore the right way to be going?

I have a similar setup but I'm only copying the files containing the
mails, not the other stuff. This way I can have different setups at work
and at home. A drawback of my method is that when I do any changes (to
the address book, the filters etc) I have to do them at both locations.
Besides that, everything works like a charm.

Copy the Inbox, Outbox, Sent and Trash folders including all files and
subdirectories.

--
Regards,
Marcus Ohlström

Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3
PGP Public Key at http://www.canit.se/~marcus/pgp.asc