Hi Jonathan,

On Thursday, September 12, 2002 22:00 your local time, (Friday, 08:45
my local time), you wrote:

> HTML is put into emails in two main ways (that I know of), inline,
> and via attachment. You can filter for inline by searching the
> kludges for "Content-Type: text/html"...you cannot search for it if
> it is done via attachment as TB! doesn't support filtering on
> attachment headers.

How do I know if the HTML portion is embedded inline or as attachment?
Attachment icon? I have a few HTML messages without the attachment
icons but their content type is multipart/alternative.

If someone sent me a HTML message via HTML capable client, does it
always appear inline? Or is this not necessarily the case? My main
concern is to identify mails written in HTML, not HTML attachments.

Many multipart/alternative messages do have text/HTML as the content
type, but these are not detected by the Kludges based filter. Consider
the following scenario:

,----- [ Begin Quote ]
| Subject: Message Subject
|
| --part1_153.13f2cdab.2ab29e4b_boundary
|
| [Message Text]
|
| --part1_153.13f2cdab.2ab29e4b_boundary
|                                                   the Kludges. Why?
| <HTML>                                            Isn't this part of
'----- [ End Quote ]                                the Kludges?

If this isn't a part of kludges, what is it part of? Message body? But
the filter setup to detect this in the text fails as well.

--
Be Well,                       Sudip Pokhrel
Sudip                          Kathmandu-NP.