On Monday, September 16, 2002, Harriekins wrote in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

H> I appreciate the reply, and after some time, I have gone to the
H> address book, right clicked on certain entries there and gone to
H> properties, and ended up using the blank one you advised for new
H> message and blank/text for reply.  That does just what I want.

Changing the templates in the address book for specific entries (or
groups) as you have done will work for those entries or groups.
However, it seemed to me from your initial message that you want *all*
replies to be blank, even if they are to new correspondents or other
recipients who are not in your address book (which you will see
abbreviated on this list as "AB").  If that's your objective, then go
up to the menu bar, click Account/Properties/Templates.  Expand the
Templates category, and adjust as desired.  Those are your global
templates, which will apply to that account unless overridden by more
specific group or individual templates.  One way to address those
global templates is to leave just the %CURSOR expression in place, or
to leave that plus some short line, if you like, identifying the
person to whom you're replying or to the date on which his/her email
came in.

As for asking elementary questions, don't be inhibited about that.
Some simple things in TB! are hard to find.  And some very interesting
possibilities are almost impossible to figure out without a guide.
All in all, it's worth the effort, and such questions are the reason
this list is here.

--
JN