ON Wednesday, September 25, 2002, 6:17:28 PM, you wrote:

CW> Sometimes when I open a message and then close it, it automatically
CW> moves to the required folder, but then other times it does nothing and I
CW> have to maually run the filters?

CW> Does anybody know why?

Hi Chris,
   You are right, there is a difference.

   We had this discussion quite a few moons ago as well. It has to do
   with the way the email is marked read.
   One sure way to activate the filter is to double click on it so a
   separate window opens with all your unread mail n that folder. When
   you a reading the mail they will get marked read automatically and then
   the read filter (if any) kicks in.

   I seem to remember that it doesn't work if you are in the folder and
   mark the read with ctrl-m or right click|mark read.
   But you will have to try.

 Gerard
We cause accidents. -- Nathaniel Borenstein

 Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3