Hello Paula,

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:14:31 -0400 GMT (30/09/02, 01:14 +0700 GMT),
pmf wrote:

p> Long live folder templates.

This was the first time that I learned about a very good use for
folder templates. Due to your needs, you have arranged the folders in
TB different from the rest (or at least most) of us, and folder
templates seem to make a lot of more sense for you than other
templates would. As you said, you use folders to automate tasks, which
is different from how I use folders, namely by sender/recipient (e.g.
mailing lists or friends etc).

Bravo for a point well made.

The danger in folder templates, as Marck keeps pointing out, is that
you inadvertedly send messages to the TO recipient of the folder
tempalte in addition to the intended recipient. This is particularly
enjoyable when PM's are being sent from Mailing List folders. It has
happened to me, and it has happened to other members of this list <g>.
What with your way of working, I think that risk is rather minimal at
your side, with the folder templates giving you a lot more advantages.
I completely see your point; AB templates would indeed be cumbersum
for you. ;-)

Everybody works differently. However, since most people use folders
the way I do, it would be more sensible for us folks to avoid folder
templates whereever possible, and use AB templates instead. I have
only one AB entry for this list; I have one folder for this list. I'd
rather use an AB template than a folder template, because I do write
PM's out of this folder. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Beim Roten Kreuz widmen sich Maenner und Frauen der Liebe. Manche tun
es umsonst, andere bekommen es bezahlt.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM