On Wednesday, 2 October 2002 at 10:42 p.m. Thomas wrote:

TF> Wait a minute, I think I got this wrong the first time. So Carren
TF> is moving (dragging) the folders within TB into another account.

Yes, that is what I am doing!

TF> The filters are being updated automatically over here. You know
TF> how often I switch accounts for this list for example, and I
TF> always just drag the TBUDL folder to the new account. I unsub from
TF> the old account after the messages arrive via the new account, so
TF> I have them twice in the same TBUDL folder for a while - and I did
TF> not change anything in the TBUDL filter of the old account and the
TF> messages matching the old account's TBUDL filter are sorted into
TF> the TBUDL which is now located in the new account.
TF> So, the filters are indeed updated even if you move the folders
TF> across accounts.

TF> Why it doesn't work on Carren's machine (nor yours?), I don't know.

Here's what happened. When I moved the folders to another (but not a
NEW account) and then checked the original filters for the account
they had come from, the filters *had* altered BUT not entirely
correctly. In the destination folder entry, TB! had automatically
redirected the mail to the new account "Inbox" BUT that filter was
only ever going to work for any stray "changing of account" mail (the
few messages that would arrive to the old address before the
unsubscription was activated), because the source folder remained as
"inbox" for that account.

That filter was *not* duplicated/recreated or whatever in the new
account, so therefore any messages coming to the new address would not
have been filtered. I had to set my filters up again manually for the
new account. So, from what I can see, all TB! does in that situation
is make an adjustment to cover any interim mail still arriving in the
"old" account. It does not do *anything* within the "new" account.

At least thats how it worked for me! :-)

- --

Carren

PGP public key:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=PGP_Key_&Body=Please%20send%20key