Hello Roelof,

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:08:54 +0200 GMT (07/10/02, 16:08 +0700 GMT),
Roelof Otten wrote:

TAHK>> And, is there ANY way to filter mail that does NOT have the same
TAHK>> email-address in "From:" and in "Return-Path:"? Getting to sort out
TAHK>> these mails would help A LOT in filtering spam and virus.

RO> I don't think that can be done.

I think it can. ;-)

IF (RegEx(From-Addr) = RegEx(Return-Path)) THEN
   MOVE(message)
   ENDIF

The RegEx functions of course will be rather complicated, so I am not
going to try. But it should work as above with TB's different IF
syntax.

RO> Such a filter wouldn't catch spam only though. Interactive
RO> mailinglists have that too. Whereas most virus mails have a
RO> matching from and reply-to. Come to think of it, most of the spam
RO> I receive also has a matching from and reply-to.

I agree with this.

@Tor: I filter all legit mails to their respective folders. Whatever
remains in the Inbox is spam (at least with a very high probability).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and
lay an egg on the alter.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM