Hi Thomas!

In message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
on Monday, October 7, 2002, 7:51:08 AM, you wrote:

TF> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:19:57 -0500 GMT (07/10/02, 19:19 +0700 GMT),
TF> Scott McNay wrote:

SM>> On this subject, I've seen an occasional corrupted email that
SM>> shows Created and Received dates, but the Source screen is
SM>> completely empty. Obviously, the Created date can't be known if
SM>> the message is competely empty.

TF> No, the "Created" date is the date contained in the Date header. It is
TF> known, otherwise TB wouldn't display it. The minimum requirements for
TF> an internet message to be valid are: From, Date, and a recipient (RFC
TF> 2822).

TF> A message without a message body is not completely empty; hit
TF> shift-crtl-K on the supposedly empty message and you see what I mean.

SM>> Seems to me that The Bat! shouldn't even be trying to do anything
SM>> with a completely empty message; probably should be considering it
SM>> to be an "oops" on the part of the MTA.

TF> This would be a dangerous violation of the RFC's and I would be
TF> completely against it. If there is no body, there are still headers. I
TF> can trigger my coffee machine with a specific Subject header and don't
TF> need to write a body. ;-)

See  attached  image.  Pressing  Shift-Ctrl-K makes no difference with
this  email. It does with others. I moved the Message Source window so
that you could see what it shows.

--
--Scott.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using  The  Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on an AMD Athlon
XP 1900 (1.6G real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.