On Thursday, October 10, 2002, 10:50:19 PM, Thomas F. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

TF> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:25:04 -0400 GMT (11/10/02, 07:25 +0700 GMT),
TF> jwayne wrote:

j>> Not infrequently, I get an error message when starting TB.

TF> Not infrequently... does this mean frequently, i.e. often?

I don't keep TB open constantly as I like Mailwasher to check for spam.  I may
open TB 10-15 times a day. Probably happens once or more a day.

j>> 1) Privileged Instruction

TF> I never saw this. Makes me wonder what OS you are using, and
TF> especially, what other programs are running in the background.

Windows 2000, SP2.

j>> 2) Access violation at address (various) in module 'thebat.exe'.
j>> Read of address (various)

TF> If it happens often and has to do with TB's mishandling RAM addresses,
TF> it would have to be the same address, wouldn't it. You say this
TF> happens when you open TB. So this is before you do anything? And the
TF> addresses vary?

Yep, the message box is the first thing that comes up.  The addresses do vary.
Eg,

Access violation at address 00404212 in module 'thebat.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFF
Access violation at address 006D6F6E in module 'thebat.exe'. Read of address 00000000

j>> It doesn't otherwise affect the session after closing the message
j>> box but it is a bit annoying.

TF> You mean the TB session or the Windows session?

The TB session isn't affected other than the annoying initial message box.

j>> Very infrequently, I can't close (exit) TB. I get an "Access
j>> violation..." This happened just now when I tried to send an email.
j>> Got the message when trying to queue the email in the outbox; the
j>> message editor wouldn't close when I tried to send. I noticed that
j>> the same email was already in the outbox and I had to close the
j>> message editor by cancelling the email. TB then wouldn't let me
j>> exit!

TF> I am not quite sure I understand this. Usually, people would put a
TF> message into the Outbox and close the editor (for me both will be done
TF> with the same mouseclick) and only then expect the message to be sent.
TF> Are you sending the message while it is still open in your editor?

No. Created a message. When done, clicked the Put in Outbox icon. The editor
didn't close, got the Access Violation message, and saw the message in the
Outbox (even though the original message was still there in the non-closable
editor.) Had to hit cancel from the editor. Couldn't close TB from the menu
because of a Access Violation message. Fortunately I could close the process as
I use W2K.

TF> For our info, you cannot exit TB while the Connection Center is still
TF> active, i.e. sending or receiving mail. That's as designed.

Not applicable here.

Thanks -

jon
--