On Friday, October 11, 2002, Miguel A. Urech wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> Seems to me that the mail ticker should be disabled, with no option to
>> enable it, from the Quarantine folder.  Any thoughts?

MAU> Why force anyone to go one way or the other? Optional features are
MAU> always best. If you don't want messages in Quarantine (or any other
MAU> folder) to show on the ticker, disable it. But, what if I had my
MAU> reasons to show them? Don't you think I should be able to decide?

Miguel,

Normally I'd answer 'yes.'  In this case, though, I would agree with
the option only if (and, thinking about it, this is the better choice)
the default were that the tickler is disabled, not enabled.  The
danger, it seems to me, is too great that a user--either
unsophisticated or just busy--will click the tickler to open a package
that has actually been quarantined.  Although a good AV program might
keep the package from opening, it's still an unnecessary risk.

--
JN