Hello mm!

On Sunday, October 20, 2002 at 3:58:31 PM you wrote:

> I understand the differences between Brit and American English was
> deliberate and just post 17th Century. When reading works by 17th
> Century authors, the tones and cadences and meanings (to an American)
> are very familiar.

No wonder, American English just developed after English settler came
to it for the second time (Roanoke didn't have any impact except for a
great mystery). Some scholars think modern AE is "older" than modern
BE, which, they say, developed further as opposed to AE. A point of
view the logic I (as a scholar myself) can't see.

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:Dierk.Haasis@;Write4U.de?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.62/Beta6 on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

Love is not give-and-take, it's give-and-give! (Derek Leveret)