On 10/21/2002, Tomasz Nidecki wrote:

> I'd say it'd be very hard for TB to, in any way, compete with OE in
> the 'low-end' target group. Offering a free TB lite version with all
> the features of Outlook and more (so that people are encouraged to
> switch, there has to be an advantage for them in it!) is, as I said,
> very risky - lots of work and lots of risks.

Actually, I didn't mean a free version, just another shareware version with
some of the advanced stuff disabled. Either that, or one client that could
be run in two modes.

Maybe the solution for TB is to branch into a variety of platforms and OSes,
like Opera Software did. The Opera browser for Windoze is their mainstay,
but they've ported it to *nix and other OSes and are now going after the
imbedded market.

--
Regards,
Don Zeigler