On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 12:19:32PM -0500 or thereabouts, Joseph N. wrote:
>    On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, Thomas Fernandez wrote in
> <mid:14318930794.20021022232631@;gmx.net>:
>
> TF>  I don't read webboards, because it is out of the
> TF> question if you are on a pay-per-minute dial-up.
>
> Thomas alluded to an interesting point. If there are many who pay by
> the minute, then an online forum would make sense only if there were
> sufficient benefit to outweigh the presumably fewer participants.

I too agree in total with Thomas, and for additional reasons, one that
being a webboard is not email, or will be used by email, which is the
essence of TB!  Also, by using and contributing to TBUDL, one can practice
with the many features in real time usage of TB, and not by replying to an
HTML webboard, if that makes sense.  In other words, 'ya get to use the
darn thing, <g>

Gary

Atheism is a non-prophet organization