On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 20:35, jwayne wrote:

TF>> Why do you get two dialog boxes? If you have an account password
TF>> protected, then TB should only ask for that, shouldn't it? What
TF>> for is the second dialog?

> This is explained in my original message.

No it isn't, you say there are two dialogs but you don't explain what
the second dialog is.

> There are TWO dialogs that pop up when clicking on a mailto: link.
> The first (modal one) prompts only for a password and is apparently
> used to allow creation and sending of a single message.

This should be the account password, nothing strange about that.

> The second dialog is a TB logon, with both account and password. If
> that one is cancelled, the whole TB session is aborted, even if
> already editing a message.

This one is strange, AFAIK there is no such thing as a TB! logon. My
first guess was that you have told TB! not to remember your POP3
password and TB! therefore prompts you for username/password to your
POP3 account. However, you mention the "Log on to The Bat!" dialog
which contradicts my first idea, such a dialog for your POP3 account
password should not be labeled "Log on to The Bat!".

Could you maybe make a screen dump showing the two dialogs you are
talking about? Upload it to a suitable site and post the URL here.

--
Regards,
Marcus Ohlström

Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3
PGP Public Key at http://www.canit.se/~marcus/pgp.asc