Hello François!

On Saturday, October 26, 2002 at 10:11:40 AM you wrote:

> In my point of view an hyperlink to a gif, a jpeg or a png image is not a
> security thread since these are not executable files.

How do you know the GET tag gets an image and not something else?
And what about profiling? Assume the following: I send you unsolicited
mail to see if an address I got somewhere (let's say through random
creation) is valid. I have to just send you an HTML mail with a GET to
see if you come to the page I set up.

> In any case Shouldn't the choice be in the user hand ?

Only if the default is "not to GET" and there are dire warnings to put
the feature "on".

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:Dierk.Haasis@;Write4U.de?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.62/Beta6 on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

Sooner or later the graveyards are full of everybody. (Terry
Pratchett)