Hi Paul!

In message mid:57123078093.20021026223044@;pcartwright.com
on Saturday, October 26, 2002, 9:30:44 PM, you wrote:

j>>> I bet when I stapled the telephone wire to the house one of
j>>> the staples cut too deep... I can hear on my phone when my
j>>> computer is dialing up.

SM>> Yes, that will happen if the wires are shorted.

PC> doesn't need to be shorted. It is induction. twisted pair wires, 2 phone
PC> lines twisted together, the wire runs all over the house. I used to have
PC> 2 phone lines and I could hear the conversations on 1 line from the
PC> other.

Then it is likely wired incorrectly, or there is a problem with the
telco box.

If it were as simple as you describe, then CAT5 would not work.

My house has multiple lines, available through a single cable, and
does not have such trouble.

--
--Scott.
mailto:Wizard@;local.nu

Using The Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on an AMD Athlon
XP 1900 (1.6G real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.