Hello Dave,

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:04:02 -0800 GMT (01/11/02, 06:04 +0700 GMT),
Dave Crocker wrote:

Thomas>> The idea of common folders in TB is they they do not have an account
Thomas>> associated with it.

> however it is a problem to have the account hierarchy dictate where a
> folder can be placed.  The nice thing about common folders is that you
> can create whatever folder hierarchy is useful.

I'm afraid we have different ways of working. For me, folders
integrate beautifully into the hierarchy; if fact, they *are* the
hierarchy. I wouldn't miss it. The only common folder I have is for
messages that I am storing for no particular purpose. Usually
"funnies" that I thought are worth keeping (hence the name of that
common folder: "Keepers").

> However sender mail (new, reply, forward) needs to know what account
> to work under. FOr a common folder, it cannot know.

Of course not. Hence the name "common" folder. But maybe it would make
sense for you to add the %Account macro to your templates - maybe on
AB level, if you communicate with any given addressee only from one
account.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM