Hi Allie,

On Friday, November 8, 2002 06:45 your local time, which was 03:45 my
local time, Allie Martin wrote;

MM>> This is a problem in The Bat!, not in plugin or AVG. Nested
MM>> messages are not correctly checked, because antivirus plugin have
MM>> not full message for checking. This was already duscussed with
MM>> developers and this bug should be fixed in next version.

> I prepared a MIME digest and sent it to myself. All messages in the
> digest had MIME attachments. DrWeb's plugin immediately quarantined
> the digest. This is what the TB! log had to say.

> ,-----[ begin ]----->>
> |
> | !08/11/02, 06:27:48: ANTIVIRUS - Message from Allie
> | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and others with subject
> | "Test digest" is infected. Virus checker reports: "Infected by EICAR
> | Test File (NOT a Virus!)".Stored into the Quarantine folder

I was going to test this myself to see if nested messages are checked.

The reason why is a couple of my friends use Hotmail and Yahoo and
always forward messages within messages and wanted to make sure I was
covered.

So DrWeb and the plug-in covers that. Great :-)

Chris.

--
E-Mail - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Created Using The Bat! V1.61 and Virus Checked by DrWeb.