On Monday, November 11, 2002, 2:55:24 PM, Clive Taylor wrote:

CT> It's an interesting model -- and I suppose it has the advantage of
CT> "locking in" customers to their own ISP services.

Not really - in the UK you can choose to pay-as-you-go with most ISPs,
so you can have accounts with as many ISPs as you wish. I have a
fixed-price account as my main ISP, but I also have two separate
accounts with other ISPs; if I dial into one of those I pay by the
minute, but if I don't connect using them, it costs me nothing. I can
still use their email service whilst connected through my main ISP - or
vice versa.

--
Deborah