Barry2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said on Tuesday, November 12, 2002, 6:47:18 PM

> Hello Mitch,

> Tuesday, November 12, 2002, 3:35:37 AM, you wrote:

MW>> Barry2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said on Monday, November 11, 2002, 7:18:49 PM

MW>> Aren't you concerned about losing legitimate mail in the spam screen?

> Not at all - all mail headers are looked at before deciding whether to
> download or not. You soon learn to spot the legitimate mail so that
> leaves the SPAM, again easy to spot, and the unfamiliar mail which
> comes in for a closer inspection. If suspicious looking then it either
> gets deleted or left on the server till we can check it out more
> thoroughly.

I know from experience that I can't always tell legitimate mail from
spam just by glancing at the headers. Most of the time, yes, but not
all the time.

--

Mitch Wagner
Technology Journalism and Consulting

Contributing writer to BtoB Magazine, InternetWeek.com, Network
World, SDTimes, TechWeb.