On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:18:11 +0100
Eddie Castelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    - is my current AV strong enough to handle newer kind of malisious
>      code such as the 'eicar'?

Ok, I have to laugh about this one line. :-)

Eicar is a harmless program which AV manufactures provide as a
test for their virus scanners. Any virus scanner should be capable of
handling Eicar since it doesn't actually do anything harmful. You may
wish to review the information on this webpage:

http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

I haven't used (for any real length of time) most of the virus scanners
mentioned in the rest of your message so I can't comment on them.

Jonathan                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]