Hello Allie,

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:09:10 -0500 GMT (15/12/02, 03:09 +0700 GMT),
Allie C Martin wrote:

TF>> Why Victor gets 30 message for one application, I don't know. I
TF>> only got one or two per app (for example, with TB, the pop port
TF>> and the smtp port at remote server, which I allowed), save them,
TF>> and that's it. I think the point with Kerio is that you have to
TF>> save the settings, otherwise it will forget them (of course).

> Not at all. Sometimes Kerio will come up with a dialog that prompts
> for permission for particular ports. However, the application uses a
> many local ports, usually a range. It will therefore prompt you each
> time to allow each port the application may wish to use.

OK. What I did is I allowed TB to connect to port 110 on any remote
server, using any local port. The local port doesn't really matter to
me, does it?

> One way of dealing with this is to allow the application to use all
> local ports if it needs to

I don't know whether TB needs to, but I don't know why I should
restrict this. Should I?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

You can observe a lot just by watchin'. (Yogi Berra)

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62 Christmas Edition
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM