Hello Victor,

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 02:44:24 -0500 GMT (21/12/02, 14:44 +0700 GMT),
Victor B. Gonzalez wrote:

MSG>> I need to have a mirror copy of my mailboxes on a backup computer.

> The only solution I currently have to help you mirror an
> inbox is to share your accounts directory with the desktop.
> I mean file, folder and printer sharing provided by Windows.

Sharing the same files would make them accessable from the desktop,
but it is not a backup. I think the point was to backup.

My backups are exactly what Allie describes in his mail in this same
thread, except that I backup everything: the reg-key will be exported
in the "\The Bat!" directly and the whole directory will be zipped and
stored on another drive. This way, I have all my settings, and the
current version of TB, in the backup. Time it takes is no longer than
TB's backup function.

My suggestion to Michael: Do the above, transfer the zipped directory,
unzip it on the desktop into the "\the Bat!" directory (this will
override the version you have there), import the reg key (there are
some settings in there).

Or, as I do, just store the zip file. I unzip it only if I need access
to the backup (i.e. when I have played around and messed up things).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62 Christmas Edition
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM