On Thursday, January 9, 2003, 2:13:30 AM, Mary wrote:

A>> (Ermmmm isn't this getting a little OT now? Looking sideways in case
A>> of flying fish.)

> Gavin, we might as well give up! We are outnumbered. And this entire
> discussion really ought to move to TBOT (The Bat Off-Topic list). Are
> you subscribed there yet? I have really enjoyed seeing your questions
> and replies here, ever since you arrived as a new subscriber.

Fair enough.  Thanks for the kind words.  And I will subscribe to the
OT list.

> BTW, Gavin, (tongue-in-cheek, but telling the truth): I have a 1985 IBM
> Selectric typewriter with a little green display window that I will be
> glad to give to you, if you want to return to typewriter days! Works
> fine--would just have to be modified a bit to access the Internet and
> E-mail.

Thanks but no thanks! :)  I've never actually used a typewriter, nor
read a style guide.  I gained my sentence structure by observation,
and reasoning that any effort to properly demarcate a sentence is,
well, sensible.

Right, topic closed I suppose.  See you in TBOT.

Cheers,
Gavin